Every woman chooses things that will complement their beauty, because your beauty, my beauty, her beauty, and their beauty is a gift from God.
Even women that are known to be beautiful, like Beyoncé, Marilyn Monroe, Jean Shrimpton, Kate Moss, Bridgette Bardot, and Sophia Lorenz, they all have a different beauty not be compared to the other or ourselves.
1 Peter 3:3-5
“3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 5 For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to adorn themselves.”
The above verses are explained as the most important Bible verse about beauty from 1 Peter, “What matters is not your outer appearance — the styling of your hair, the jewelry you wear, the cut of your clothes — but your inner disposition. Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in.” (https://bit.ly/3wMYHIc)
Today’s foods are full of toxins that can cause you to gain weight and live an unhealthy lifestyle. You will only lose weight and have a more healthy life by learning how to remove the toxins from your food.
In this free audio book you will find all the guidelines for removing all the toxins from your food that will help you lose weight and have a healthy lifestyle in just 21 days.
Did you know that your fast food fries contain a chemical used in Silly Putty? Or that a juicy peach sprayed heavily with pesticides could be triggering your body to store fat? When we go to the supermarket, we trust that all our groceries are safe to eat. But much of what we’re putting into our bodies is either tainted with chemicals or processed in a way that makes us gain weight, feel sick, and age before our time.
Luckily, Vani Hari – aka the Food Babe – has got your back. A food activist who has courageously put the heat on big food companies to disclose ingredients and remove toxic additives from their products, Hari has made it her life’s mission to educate the world about how to live a clean, organic, healthy lifestyle in an over processed, contaminated-food world, and how to look and feel fabulous while doing it.
In The Food Babe Way, Hari invites you to follow an easy and accessible plan to rid your body of toxins, lose weight without counting calories, and restore your natural glow in just 21 days. Including anecdotes of her own transformation along with easy-to-follow shopping lists, meal plans, and mouthwatering recipes, The Food Babe Way will empower you to change your food, change your body, and change the world.
There are many ways to learn to do something new. One way that I’ve tried is exploring different hobbies.
Each hobby in it self seems to be very easy but some are not. There is a very big difference between a God given gift than learning each technique and stroke one by one.
I am coming to you today with another hobby, as a result, here are some of my paintings with watercolor and acrylic paints:
When packing for a trip, what to pack takes some thought. You’ll have to make a decision about how many clothes and what kind of shoes to pack. Usually it will be decided by how many days you will be staying. Whether you will be going out at night or what you will be doing during the day.
For me I like long trips, long trips for me are about five to seven days. That’s compared to a weekend. I remember going on a weekend trip to Florida with our church, I had to pack something to swim in. We had a pool and the beach. We were only able to look at the beach because a storm came through a few days earlier and seaweed washed up on the sand. But our plans didn’t change. We had a good time going out to the beach at night with a flashlight to see the sand crabs crawl quickly back under the sand when the light was shined. I don’t think they’re visible during the day because of the sunlight.
On that trip I took only a duffle bag with:
3 pair of shorts
5 undergarment sets
1 pair of sandals
1 pair flip flops
1 plastic laundry bag
I put everything I needed in that duffle bag.
One year our family went to Virginia Beach on a six day bus trip. It was a lot of fun seeing new places and different sites. I had two suitcases and two carry on. That was a big mistake and it was too much to handle. The wheels broke off my new fancy suitcase.
In my suitcases I had:
2 pair of jeans
3 pairs of shorts
2 pair of sandals
6 underwear sets
Getting ready for a trip is so overwhelming if you don’t take a little time each day doing some of the packing. Don’t do everything the night before because you will forget something that could have made you more comfortable and stress free. If you start early you will have time to narrow down your packing to one suitcase and one carry on.
Learning to design is one of my favorite hobbies that I love and hope to get better as time goes by.
Learning how to lose weight fast and easily after having a baby can be easier now because of the internet. There are so many different diets on the web that will give you a good start. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that if a healthy woman gets pregnant she will gain 25 to 35 pounds before the baby is born. But during my first pregnancy, I gained 52 pounds. Can you imagine how I felt carrying all that weight around? Now I am relieved to hear that according to the CDC that almost half of the women gain more weight than they recommend during pregnancy. I realize that the baby weighs a few pounds and so do the placenta, amniotic acid, breast tissue, blood, the uterus, and extra fat, but too much fat gained is called baby weight. If that weight stays on your body your weight will increase as time goes on, diabetes and heart disease will be at a higher risk. So it’s best to work on a plan during pregnancy to lose weight after the baby is born.
Why is baby weight hard to lose?
After having your baby your body has to take time to heal. But while your body is healing you don’t have time to do a lot of things you should be doing like exercise, sleeping and eating right. So taking care of the baby is taking most of your time, you are really not thinking about losing weight.
Never stop eating to cut calories because your metabolism is not the same as before you had your baby. If you don’t eat your body slows down when it’s not getting the necessary nutrients for you or your baby if you are breast feeding. When breast feeding, your metabolic rate speeds up which calls for you to take in extra calories just to make the milk healthy for your baby.
If you are choosing the wrong foods just to have something that’s convenient for that time it could be costly for you. You should plan meals ahead of time to be sure of nutritional value. Health experts recommend that nursing mothers take in 2500 calories in a day. It is hard when there is a new born to take care of. Even I had trouble getting things done when my children were infants. I ate when I could, sleep when I could and so on for cleaning and personal things. Sometimes I had help and it meant a lot to me, so thankful.
Staying hydrated is important when trying to lose weight. Most women don’t get enough water. You should drink about half the weight of your body. Staying hydrated keeps you from overeating, helps gut health, your metabolism, keeps your energy level up, and helps regulate your mood.
10 Tips to help with weight loss
- Be realistic when you set your goal for weight loss – It would not be realistic for me to plan and lose over 50 pounds a month after pregnancy. Because after 1 or 2 years the expected weight after the baby is 10 pounds.
- Crash diets are not the way to go – Using low-calorie meals will not give you enough good nutrition for you or the baby. You need the energy to take care of the new baby and if you are breastfeeding the milk needs the nutrients for the baby.
- Put lots of protein in your diet at breakfast – Proteins in your diet will help metabolism, decrease your appetite, and cut down on your calorie intake. Some proteins are lean meats, eggs, fish, beans, nuts, seeds, and dairy.
- Breastfeeding your baby – Breastfeeding has benefits for you and your baby. It provides nutrition, helps the immune system to fight viruses, bacteria, other diseases like diabetes, and asthma in your baby. It helps lower the mother’s risk of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and breast and ovarian cancer.
- Watch calories when eating – This will let you know where your problem areas are and get the energy and nutrition for your health.
- Put a lot of fiber in your diet – Fiber – grains, and vegetables help with weight loss, it helps you to feel fuller by reducing hunger.
- Choose foods with nourishing nutrients – Foods with the most nourishing nutrients are Salmon, Kale, seaweed, garlic, shellfish, potatoes, liver, sardines, shellfish-clams, oysters, scallops, and mussels.
- Take extra sugar out of your diet – Taking in too much sugar is very high in calories and can cause weight gain and has no nutritional value. Sugar will also cause an increase in diabetes, heart disease. A few foods and drinks that are high in sugar are sugary drinks like soda and fruit drinks. Foods are cakes, pastries, biscuits, white flour, and processed foods. Eating vegetables, fruits, meats, fish, eggs, and yogurt are great alternatives instead to eating sugar.
- Get the sleep you need at night – Obesity can come when you’re not getting 5-6 hours of sleep at night. When not getting enough sleep slows down the way the body makes calories into energy, this called metabolism. If the metabolism is not active the body makes energy that’s not being used as fat.
- Keep your stress level down – When you are continually under stress it will make you hungry and you will eat more. It will set off the hormones known as adrenaline and cortisol that decrease your appetite. The cortisol tells the body that nutrition needs to be replaced with carbohydrates a necessary fuel. The insulin sends the sugar that comes from the carbohydrates from the blood to your muscles and brain. If the sugar is not used it will be stored in the body as fat. Exercise is also important when trying to keep your stress levels down and recommended for keeping the weight off.
Losing weight after childbirth is never easy. But you can do it by listening to your body to see what’s needed. Exercise and eat right to assure your success in losing your baby weight. Don’t be afraid to ask for help if needed. Because every new parent needs a break sometimes, so they can come back strong and ready to meet every challenge that will be there.
A PRAYER FOR OUR NATION TO BE BLESSED
We should always pray to keep the presence of God in our nation. If God doesn’t bless us, where could we go?, what could we do?, how would we live?, when will we get close to God?