Learning how to lose weight fast and easily after having a baby can be easier now because of the internet. There are so many different diets on the web that will give you a good start. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) says that if a healthy woman gets pregnant she will gain 25 to 35 pounds before the baby is born. But during my first pregnancy, I gained 52 pounds. Can you imagine how I felt carrying all that weight around? Now I am relieved to hear that according to the CDC that almost half of the women gain more weight than they recommend during pregnancy. I realize that the baby weighs a few pounds and so do the placenta, amniotic acid, breast tissue, blood, the uterus, and extra fat, but too much fat gained is called baby weight. If that weight stays on your body your weight will increase as time goes on, diabetes and heart disease will be at a higher risk. So it’s best to work on a plan during pregnancy to lose weight after the baby is born.
Why is baby weight hard to lose?
After having your baby your body has to take time to heal. But while your body is healing you don’t have time to do a lot of things you should be doing like exercise, sleeping and eating right. So taking care of the baby is taking most of your time, you are really not thinking about losing weight.
Never stop eating to cut calories because your metabolism is not the same as before you had your baby. If you don’t eat your body slows down when it’s not getting the necessary nutrients for you or your baby if you are breast feeding. When breast feeding, your metabolic rate speeds up which calls for you to take in extra calories just to make the milk healthy for your baby.
If you are choosing the wrong foods just to have something that’s convenient for that time it could be costly for you. You should plan meals ahead of time to be sure of nutritional value. Health experts recommend that nursing mothers take in 2500 calories in a day. It is hard when there is a new born to take care of. Even I had trouble getting things done when my children were infants. I ate when I could, sleep when I could and so on for cleaning and personal things. Sometimes I had help and it meant a lot to me, so thankful.
Staying hydrated is important when trying to lose weight. Most women don’t get enough water. You should drink about half the weight of your body. Staying hydrated keeps you from overeating, helps gut health, your metabolism, keeps your energy level up, and helps regulate your mood.
10 Tips to help with weight loss
- Be realistic when you set your goal for weight loss – It would not be realistic for me to plan and lose over 50 pounds a month after pregnancy. Because after 1 or 2 years the expected weight after the baby is 10 pounds.
- Crash diets are not the way to go – Using low-calorie meals will not give you enough good nutrition for you or the baby. You need the energy to take care of the new baby and if you are breastfeeding the milk needs the nutrients for the baby.
- Put lots of protein in your diet at breakfast – Proteins in your diet will help metabolism, decrease your appetite, and cut down on your calorie intake. Some proteins are lean meats, eggs, fish, beans, nuts, seeds, and dairy.
- Breastfeeding your baby – Breastfeeding has benefits for you and your baby. It provides nutrition, helps the immune system to fight viruses, bacteria, other diseases like diabetes, and asthma in your baby. It helps lower the mother’s risk of high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, and breast and ovarian cancer.
- Watch calories when eating – This will let you know where your problem areas are and get the energy and nutrition for your health.
- Put a lot of fiber in your diet – Fiber – grains, and vegetables help with weight loss, it helps you to feel fuller by reducing hunger.
- Choose foods with nourishing nutrients – Foods with the most nourishing nutrients are Salmon, Kale, seaweed, garlic, shellfish, potatoes, liver, sardines, shellfish-clams, oysters, scallops, and mussels.
- Take extra sugar out of your diet – Taking in too much sugar is very high in calories and can cause weight gain and has no nutritional value. Sugar will also cause an increase in diabetes, heart disease. A few foods and drinks that are high in sugar are sugary drinks like soda and fruit drinks. Foods are cakes, pastries, biscuits, white flour, and processed foods. Eating vegetables, fruits, meats, fish, eggs, and yogurt are great alternatives instead to eating sugar.
- Get the sleep you need at night – Obesity can come when you’re not getting 5-6 hours of sleep at night. When not getting enough sleep slows down the way the body makes calories into energy, this called metabolism. If the metabolism is not active the body makes energy that’s not being used as fat.
- Keep your stress level down – When you are continually under stress it will make you hungry and you will eat more. It will set off the hormones known as adrenaline and cortisol that decrease your appetite. The cortisol tells the body that nutrition needs to be replaced with carbohydrates a necessary fuel. The insulin sends the sugar that comes from the carbohydrates from the blood to your muscles and brain. If the sugar is not used it will be stored in the body as fat. Exercise is also important when trying to keep your stress levels down and recommended for keeping the weight off.
Losing weight after childbirth is never easy. But you can do it by listening to your body to see what’s needed. Exercise and eat right to assure your success in losing your baby weight. Don’t be afraid to ask for help if needed. Because every new parent needs a break sometimes, so they can come back strong and ready to meet every challenge that will be there.
A PRAYER FOR OUR NATION TO BE BLESSED
We should always pray to keep the presence of God in our nation. If God doesn’t bless us, where could we go?, what could we do?, how would we live?, when will we get close to God?
Believe it or not 2020 has come and gone, it brought so many people into 2021 a sad beginning, and our hearts totally goes out to those that are hurting because they’ve lost a loved one or a dear friend. Now we only have a memory of how things used to be, thinking on the good things we smile, thinking how much we miss them we cry. I lost an uncle, the life of every party, and a lot of close friends. But many of my family members got COVID-19; we were so blessed to make it through. Unexpectedly the virus still hangs around seeking whom it can devour.
Some of us need a visual presentation to have faith in God; oh the flowers are so beautiful this year, God is good. What level of faith in God is this? Because the flowers come back every year at the same time and they are as beautiful as the year before, it’s their due season and we are so thankful for them. But to see what has transpired in our world these few months shook everybody and God was our witness. Because it’s kind of hard to understand what has happened, never believe that God allowed this because he is angry with us.
I’m asking God the Father right now to build our faith from little faith, to greater faith, then perfect our faith to be obedient to him as He helps us to learn what this is all about. I’ve thought about this long and hard, what has this done to our faith or for our faith? But the word of god has made it so clear that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. So when we study to hear the word of God it builds our faith from little faith, to greater faith and then perfected faith in God.
Life Quote 4
Remain steadfast. There are many waves and storms on the path that may crush our spirit. Many hindrances along the way. But one thing that gives me assurance and confidence is that I am not alone. Christ is with me. Above All, victory is guaranteed.
As always thank you for reading. Feel free to like, share, leave your thought or reblog. Until we meet again in this space…much love and blessings.♥♥♥
Ace before was soft, cuddly, and sweet. The Ace after eats your shoes, books, furniture, food, and try to eat sticks, rocks, leaves, scratch with his claws, bite with his teeth. The bad Ace out weights the good Ace.
He’s still sweet sometimes
In the bible, I am most inspired by Hannah’s prayers to the Lord to have a child. Her infertility caused her to be bitter because her husband Elkanah had a second wife, Peninnah who often made a mockery of her. This gave her a deep sadness and a loss of hope. So she prayed a despairing prayer to God. In this prayer, she vowed to God if He would give her a son that she would dedicate him back to God so he could serve Him in whatever God’s will was for his life.
Hannah knew who God was and that he was full of love and compassion when one of his children cries out to Him in despair. I remember back in the old days when the elders of the church prayed despairing prayers, all the kids would laugh and make fun of them at church and home. “Oh they’re putting on a show, trying to outplay each other. They done prayed enough when they pray over thirty minutes. Look at that old snot running out the nose. I hope it doesn’t get on me, let me show you how Brother John beats the floor, this how Mrs. Sue is falling all out. They had all of down and could react it out, Lord have mercy.
The mockery went on for years. But this year when they were going to sacrifice to the Lord of Heavens Armies in Shiloh it was different. Hannah felt so sorrowful that she cried and could not eat her food. Elkanah asked Hannah why was she crying and not eating. Is it because you can’t have children? He said to her, “You have me—isn’t that better than having ten sons?”
After they ate Hannah prayed and she made a vow to the Lord: “O Lord of Heaven’s Armies, if you will look upon my sorrow and answer my prayer and give me a son, then I will give him back to you. He will be yours for his entire lifetime, and as a sign that he has been dedicated to the Lord, his hair will never be cut.”
She prayed so hard that the Priest Eli thought she was drunk. He told her she needed to leave the wine bottle alone. But she explained to him that she was praying out of her anguish and sorrow. “In that case,” Eli said, “go in peace! May the God of Israel grant the request you have asked of him.”
That night Elkanah slept with Hannah. I don’t know whether it was this time she conceived but, “When Elkanah slept with Hannah, the Lord remembered her plea, and in due time she gave birth to a son. She named him Samuel, for she said, “I asked the Lord for him.” This story of answered prayer shows us that we should have this same unwavering trust and faith in God.
Father God, in the Holy name of Your Son Jesus, who came to save the lost, we thank you dear heavenly Father For the salvation of this nation and by your word we will know your truths more than ever before. Help us to bind satan, in the name of Jesus in all that we do in our lives. Then Father, help us, to study your word to understand it, to listen to your voice when you speak, calling us out of the snares of the devil that holds us captive. Thank you Jesus for being Lord of our lives and we thank you and will always praise you for the salvation of our nation. AMEN